The SSPT was founded in 1965 and is a scientific society. The purpose of the society is to promote and support all interests of Pharmacology and Toxicology in Switzerland (By-Laws).
The SSPT currently constitutes the umbrella organisation of the following four member societies:
- Swiss Society of Experimental Pharmacology (SSEP),
- Swiss Society of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology (SSCPT),
- Swiss Society of Toxicology (SST),
- Swiss Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine (SGPM).
The SSPT organizes scientific meetings of general interest for all associated societies. The SSPT represents the field of Pharmacology and Toxicology in Switzerland within national societies and associations including Life Sciences Switzerland (LS2) and Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT).
The SSPT provides travel grants to post-docs in Biomedical Sciences in training, supporting travel to international scientific conferences. The travel grants are awarded twice a year: May 15 and October 15. Applications are welcomed (whenever possible please send your application electronically):
The SSPT also provides travel grants to PhD students. These travel grants are awarded all year (whenever possible please send your application electronically).
INTERESTED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PHARMACOLOGY IN SWITZERLAND ?
See: Special Issue "Country in focus: Pharmacology in Switzerland"
BECOME A EUROPEAN CERTIFIED PHARMACOLOGIST (EuCP)
- This homepage under 'Education' and
- EPHAR homepage: https://www.ephar.org/eucp/index.html
ATTEND THE SSPT SPRING MEETING 2023
The SSPT SPRING MEETING 2023 ENTITLED "The curious case of ...ageing" WILL TAKE PLACE ON APRIL 20, 2023 AT THE INSELSPITAL BERN (FORMAT: F2F):
REGISTRATION DEADLINE & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION EXTENDED TO MARCH 27, 2023 !
CME credit points provided for participation in the meeting:
- Swiss Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine (SSPM): 8 credits
- Swiss Society of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology (SSCPT): 6 credits
Swiss Society of Pharmacology and Toxicology (SSPT)
c/o PD Dr. Gabriele Weitz-Schmidt
AlloCyte Pharmaceuticals AG